Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cakes on Parade

In my quest to develop the ultimate chocolate cake recipe I have been fortunate enough to create, and therefore eat, many amazing cakes. Here are just a few of my more memorable attempts...



Caramel porter chocolate cake with salted caramel frosting
cake batter was made with Saranac caramel porter beer
 To read about the making of this cake, please visit the site formerly known as Oh Cake here.

New Year's Eve dessert - chocolate cake with mocha frosting and chocolate covered coffee beans

Deep chocolate caramel cake
This cake features layers of deep chocolate cake and caramel cake with salted caramel filling topped with chocolate ganache.
Chocolate cake with bitter orange filling and coconut cream cheese frosting.
  Unfortunately this last cake was my personal least favorite. I felt the cake itself was too dry and the coconut frosting was sloppy. I made it for my sister-in-law's birthday and she, fortunately, graciously said she enjoyed it.

I am still on a quest to develop my own recipe for the perfect chocolate cake but I took a bit of a break over the summer. Now that fall is here and cooler weather is on the way it's time to get baking again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! If you have a question that requires a personal response please email me using the information located on the Contact page. Thank you for reading and happy cooking!