Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Boozy Brownie Truffles ~ Homemade Valentine's Day Candy

Just in time for Valentine's Day these brownie truffles are the perfect confection for the one you love. Never was homemade candy so easy... or so addictive and delicious. These decadent little bites are perfect for gifting or for a sweet, liqueur-soaked after dinner treat. If you don't drink alcohol or are making these with kids omit the liqueur and use my faithful favorite of d'Arbo syrup instead.


Boozy Brownie Bites ~ makes one dozen
6 ounces prepared brownies (use the fudgy middle bits)
6 ounces chocolate (dark, milk, white or semi-sweet), melted
1 tablespoon liqueur of your choice
optional garnish and/or filling such as marzipan

For each six ounces of brownies you will need one tablespoon of flavoring and six ounces of melted chocolate for dipping. I used Baileys with a semi-sweet coating; orange cognac (such as Grand Marnier) with dark chocolate and candied orange peel; and Frangelico with marzipan and white chocolate (some were semi-sweet with slivered almond garnish).


Crumble the brownies into a bowl and pour your liqueur of choice over the top. Combine well. Mixture will have the appearance of fudgy coffee grounds. Form into half-ounce balls by rolling between palms. Dip into melted chocolate and set on a silpat or parchment paper to dry. If using a garnish place garnish immediately so it adheres as the chocolate sets. You can also use a bead of marzipan as a luscious rolled filling.


You can find candy wrappers or foil cups at craft stores or online. These make a beautiful presentation in a small candy box and will really delight your friends. The only limit to these rich truffles is your imagination. Try kirsch with a dried cherry center; amaretto with finely chopped toasted almonds; limoncello with a candied lemon peel garnish; a soft caramel center with sea salt topping or toasted pecans - or anything else that strikes your fancy!


Enjoy!

32 comments:

  1. I'm convinced that these will make my hubs swoon. He LOVES brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me at boozy!! Love, love this idea!! The possibilities are endless. Perfect little treat and easy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy moly, I want a million of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would it be too forward if I asked you to be MY Valentine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! These would disappear so fast at my house....how wonderful and tasty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so good! I wish I would have guts to do it, but I know half of those would disappear before going to those cute muffin papers and other half would be gone straight after I would be able to take on more. Yes, can imagine myself going to my other half- here babe have one truffle! I ate the rest :) Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum who wouldn't like some delicious look truffle candy for Valentine's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheer torture seeing these chocolate lovelies with the chocolate craving I'm having right now.need the now!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had me at boozy. I'd make some with whiskey... and some with frangelico... and some with chambord... and then I'd pass out. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Mmm... chambord! One of my favorites! How about a little cheesecake center with chambord brownie and then dark chocolate. I am SO going to need to take up jogging!

      Delete
  10. OMG love every part of this recipe, ok especially the boozy part lol. Very nice recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look perfect! I think I'd pit Grand Marnier in mine. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH HOLY COW - Wow! I'm speechless and drooling. These are brilliant. And Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh these sound fabulous!!! I must give these a try!!!

    www.lifeofamodernhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, yummy! :) And I love how easy they are!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea for V-Day!!! I love how cute and perfectly rounded they look and so bursting with flavour (though I am underage for that booze :P)
    Lovely post!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will take a bit of booze and chocolate any day. Yummy truffles.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh these are amazing! Great Idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dear, now you've done it. I'm infatuated with these cute, lil' treats. Great job on them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanted to let you know that I left you an award over at my blog today. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chocolate and alcohol. You can't ask for a better combination. These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've said all the right words Jess! Brownie, truffles and of course - boozy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a nice treat! Truffles can be a pain to make, but yours look divine! And brownies make everything better :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG-those look amazingggg! I love candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh, those look delicious. I normally don't like truffles because it's too much ganache for me--but I can definitely get behind a truffle with a brownie in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I feel like "B" word foods make everything better... brownies... beer... bacon... ;-)

      Delete
  25. this is a great idea for truffles, i think i might do some of these for easter this year!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you have a question that requires a personal response please email me using the information located on the Contact page. Thank you for reading and happy cooking!